Well, if your competitors decide to go green they will:
- Spend less on compliance;
- Cut the risk of prosecution with attendant legal costs, potential fines and PR fall out;
- Cut their energy, waste, water and raw material costs;
- Recruit better staff and retain them for longer;
- Source more sustainable supplies of raw material;
- Win more contracts;
- Retain more existing customers.
They'd be mad not to wouldn't they?
And if you think I'm just being flippant, I recently came across a case where a medium-size company lost 60% of their business overnight when their biggest customer decided they weren't taking green issues seriously enough.
That's no joke.