7 June 2017
Date(s) - 7 Jun 2017
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
The bulk of the ecological footprint of most organisations is in their supply chain – and they will be held responsible for that footprint – so this session will look at effective approaches to reducing that footprint. Contents include:
• The big picture: Supply chain impacts and issues
• The business case for tackling the supply chain
• Basics techniques: policy, questionnaires, rating suppliers, transparency & traceability, outcomes based and forward commitment procurement
• Intermediate techniques: collaboration, industrial symbiosis, eco-design
• Advanced techniques: choice editing, new business models, building a new supply chain
Your tutor is respected green business expert Gareth Kane. Gareth is the owner of Terra Infirma Ltd and has worked with hundreds of organisations from micro businesses to trans- national corporations to improve their environmental and economic performance. Gareth has authored two books: The Three Secrets of Green Business and The Green Executive, and has trained thousands of people in green business issues.
Green Academy sessions are run on-line using the Webex platform which runs on all major operating systems. You will need either a headset for your computer or access to a phone line for audio.
You will receive a workbook (in pdf format) with your sign up instructions before the session. During the session, you will be invited to complete sections of the workbook which will allow you to apply the concepts to your organisation and provide you with an action plan.