1 March 2017
Date(s) - 1 Mar 2017
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
This session covers how to develop a sustainability strategy and then how to convert that strategy into action. Learning outcomes include
• Judging how well sustainability is embedded in your organisation using the Sustainability Maturity Model
• How to create a compelling vision
• How to develop an effective sustainability strategy
• How to set targets – and why choosing the right kind of target can be a key success factor
• Going from strategy to action – how to develop effective action plans, escaping from the ‘tyranny of the present’
• An overview of the use of management systems to track progress
Your tutor is respected green business expert Gareth Kane. Gareth is the owner of Terra Infirma Ltd and has worked with hundreds of organisations from micro businesses to trans- national corporations to improve their environmental and economic performance. Gareth has authored two books: The Three Secrets of Green Business and The Green Executive, and has trained thousands of people in green business issues.
Green Academy sessions are run on-line using the Webex platform which runs on all major operating systems. You will need either a headset for your computer or access to a phone line for audio. You will receive a workbook (in pdf format) with your sign up instructions before the session. When you click on the link in the joining instructions, Webex will launch automatically and give you various options for the audio. During the session itself, you will be invited to complete sections of the workbook which will allow you to apply the concepts to your organisation and provide you with an action plan.