Happy Birthday to Us!
While I’ve been away in the US of A, Terra Infirma celebrated its ninth Birthday. I often take the excuse at this time of year to indulge in a little navel gazing over the ups and downs of the last year and this time it is a pretty simple story.
The end of last year was, from my perspective, dominated by the illness and death of my mother so it is no wonder business was slow. So let’s draw a veil over that, and have a look at what has been going so right this year.
- Green Academy has had something of a resurgence with mega-companies like Sage plc and Dover Corporation signing up for the whole year, and other big names such as Kohler and Royal Haskoning signing up for individual sessions.
- The Corporate Sustainability Mastermind Group has gained brilliant new members including Newcastle NHS and Black & Decker.
- We’ve taken on a major project with one of the superstars of sustainability, Interface, continued working with long term client NHSBT, and completed a project for Sunderland University.
- As a result, already this year we have invoiced more than the whole of last year.
- Plus we’ve been doing lots of fun stuff including Ask Gareth (as always I need more questions to chew on!).
Overall, I am very proud to be supporting such distinguished clients in making a difference in the world – we must be doing something right.
Looking forward to next year, the lesson I have learnt from 2014 is that we need more mechanisms to deliver value to all of you you when I am personally unavailable. This is a major work in progress and we will be launching several new packages before Christmas. Stay tuned!