Happy Birthday to Us, Happy Birthday to Us!
Yep, it was 7 years ago today that we metaphorically smashed a bottle of champagne (the smashing was metaphorical, not the bubbly) on the hull of the good ship Terra Infirma and set sail into unknown seas. And with the great financial hurricane of 07/08 hitting us soon after, we learnt our seamanship the hard way.
Dropping the half-baked nautical metaphor, and pushing modesty aside, here’s some of the highlights over the last year:
- Bringing on board some great new clients such as Viridor, News International, Innovia Films and the Natural Resources Research Council;
- Continuing to work with established clients such as BAE Systems, Johnson Matthey and the NHS;
- The publication of my ebook/short book “Green Jujitsu” and the development of the associated animation The Art of Green Jujitsu;
- The continuation of our ever-popular Green Academy webinars, attracting attendees from around the world, and the first full year of the Corporate Sustainability Mastermind Group (CoSM);
- And to crown it all, getting shortlisted as Green Consultancy of the Year 2013 at the prestigious Business Green Leaders awards.
Not bad in a year which also saw the birth of my third son, Charlie – who seems dedicated to eating us out of house and home.
Looking forward to the year ahead, I’m predicting a steady development of these themes rather than any radical new departures – although I’ve said that before! One thing I can announce is I am working on a greening the supply chain ebook which will out in the autumn.
So it just leaves me to say thanks to all our readers – especially those who comment on and share my posts here. Splice the mainbrace!