How to measure true commitment to Sustainability
Here’s a great quote to guide our answer to this crucial question:
Commitment is an act, not a word ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
Here are some of those acts that demonstrate true commitment to Sustainability:
- Setting a generous Sustainability budget;
- Setting stretch targets and working out what is required to meet them;
- Delegation of those targets down through the reporting structure, aligning responsibility with authority;
- Creating/installing products, services or processes which makes a step change in Sustainability;
And, drum roll, the litmus test:
- Axing products, services or processes on Sustainability grounds.
How does your organisation measure up?
For more on setting Sustainability targets and developing a strategy, check out Seven Steps to a Successful Sustainability Strategy.