2013 and all that!
It’s that time of year that we do ourselves a little navel gazing and reflect on what has happened here this year. Here are the highlights:
- The release of our hit employee engagement animation, The Art of Green Jujitsu
- Publication of my second DoShort book, Building A Sustainable Supply Chain (see the webinar here)
- Getting shortlisted for Green Consultancy of the Year at the Business Green Leaders Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Mastermind Group (CoSM) really hit its stride with some truly great sessions
- I gave keynotes/talks at the launch of the Preferred Supplier, The Big Eco Show, the North East Recycling Forum and the IEMA North East Regional Forum
- We landed some great new consultancy clients, News UK, the Natural Environment Research Council and Newcastle University Business School, and continued working with many of our existing clients.
That’s not to say it’s been all plain sailing. Purse strings are still tight out there and we have lost out more than once this year to our bitterest rival – ‘Do Nothing’. We reluctantly decided to suspend indefinitely the Introductory level of Green Academy due to sporadic demand. On the other hand, we trialled a number of webinars for sustainability consultants this year and, given the interest, will be running them again alongside our popular Green Academy Advanced level.
Looking forward to 2014:
- We already have lots of event dates in the diary;
- We’re going to add the Ask Gareth format to this blog;
- There’s another, full length, book being drafted, working title The Art of Green Jujitsu.
So that just leaves it for me to wish all our readers a very Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year!